In this blog post we’re going to discuss the hot topic of Royal & Awesome promo codes; do we do them? Should we do them? Why do we do them? And can you have one?
Let start with some of the very valid reasons for why we maybe shouldn’t do them:
- Our products are already awesome value at the full recommended retail price (RRP). We believe that Royal & Awesome hits the sweet spot of low retail price and great quality and value. The low(ish) retail price mean that you can buy Royal & Awesome for those more occasional special golfing events; the charity day, the team event, the lads trip – basically any time you want to strut your peacocking stuff. Then look at all the value we squeeze into that very reasonable RRP; the branded finish, the cotton / spandex blend, the tee loops, the dazzling colours and the pars and bars bottle opener.
- Having a promo code box on your website can reduce your conversion rates. Check out this link for all of the nerdy e-commerce detail here, but essentially when some people are just about to buy their awesome trews, they see that promo code box and they think that their must be promo codes out on the world wide web, so off they pop to Google and sometime they never come back to buy.
- Promo codes can make our awesome retailer sad. If the great golf retailers, that help us bring Royal & Awesome to the masses, think that we’re constantly under cutting them with big promotions it can make them very sad and they might decide not to sell Royal & Awesome in future. Which, would in turn make us sad, as it will mean that their customers might not find out about our funky trousers.
Now let’s confess that we do offer promo codes. If you’ve already seen the box on our checkout then you probably guessed that already. So, given all of the things mentioned above, why would we be so crazy?!
- They can make our advertising more effective: If we’re distributing flyers or putting adverts in magazines, having a promo code in the advert makes it more likely that you will take notice of the advert and remember the brand.
- They can make our advertising more measurable: We can see how often each promotional code is redeemed, which means that we can evaluate which elements of our marketing efforts are more effective.
- They can help us agree marketing partnerships: Lots of businesses are looking to offer additional benefits to their customers, so if we can offer these customers an exclusive promotion then these businesses will help promote Royal & Awesome. So the Awesome revolution roles on.
So can you have a promo code? No, not right now. Sorry.